Prison officer sentenced to 10 years for raping
March 21, 2023
The United States military says it will not rule out the possibility that some of the objects shot out of the sky over the US and Canada in the last week have extraterrestrial origins, according to a US Air Force official.
Air Force General Glen VanHerck briefed reporters on Sunday about a third object that had been downed over Lake Huron, marking the latest in a string of high-altitude flying objects that have been taken down in spite of the Pentagon confirming they were not deemed a military threat but rather a threat to civilian air patterns.
Asked during the brief if the US had taken the possibility of the flying objects’ extraterrestrial origins off the table yet, Gen. VanHerck declined to say it had been completely crossed off the list. “I’ll let the intel community and the counterintelligence community figure that out. I haven’t ruled out anything,” he said, adding, “At this point we continue to assess every threat or potential threat, unknown, that approaches North America with an attempt to identify it.”
The objects that were downed last week were located after an uptick in air surveillance that followed the takedown of a Chinese spy balloon off the coast of South Carolina after it traversed much of the continental US and parts of Canada. The three subsequent objects were described as an object the size of a car over Alaska, an octagonal object over Lake Huron, and a cylindrical balloon over Canada.
VanHerck pointed out on Friday, “We’re calling them objects, not balloons, for a reason.”
ARTICLE: LAURA SPIVAK
MANAGING EDITOR: LUKE MOCHERMAN
PHOTO CREDIT: OUTLOOK INDIA