ABC News investigative producer James Gordon Meek has reportedly withdrawn himself from both his public and professional life after his Arlington, Virginia, home was raided by the FBI in April in a mystery that has left his colleagues confused, as reported by Rolling Stone.
At this stage, 52-year-old Meek has not been charged with any crime. His home in Virginia also appears empty and his neighbors confirmed that they haven’t seen him since the raid.
It was also reported by an ABC representative that Meek “resigned very abruptly and hasn’t worked for us for months.”
One of Meek’s colleagues said “he fell off the face of the Earth. And people asked, but no one knew the answer.”
All references to Meek have been removed from a book he was co-writing with a retired Green Beret, Lt. Col. Scott Mann.
Mann informed Rolling Stone that “[Meek] contacted me in the spring, and was really distraught, and told me that he had some serious personal issues going on and that he needed to withdraw from the project.”
The FBI said that they were present at an address in Arlington, Virginia, on the morning of April 27, however “the FBI cannot comment further due to an ongoing investigation.”
Sources have suggested that classified material had been located on a laptop belonging to Meek but this has not yet been confirmed.
Meek’s lawyer, Eugene Gorokhov released a statement saying “Mr. Meek is unaware of what allegations anonymous sources are making about his possession of classified documents. If such documents exist, as claimed, this would be within the scope of his long career as an investigative journalist covering government wrongdoing.”
ARTICLE: PAUL MURDOCH
MANAGING EDITOR: CARSON CHOATE
PHOTO CREDITS: WASHINGTON EXAMINER
Latest posts by Paul Murdoch (see all)
- Homeless cabins built along prime riverside real estate in Portland - April 12, 2023
- Russia starts fuel supplies to Iran by rail, sources say - April 12, 2023
- Eyeing re-election, Ted Cruz seeks to build bipartisan image - April 11, 2023