The man accused of murdering five after mowing them down in his car during a Wisconsin holiday parade was previously convicted for threatening to bomb a casino, DailyMail.com recently revealed.
Darrell Brooks, 39, was arrested in March 2007 for calling in a bomb threat to the $43-per-night Nugget Casino Resort in Sparks, Nevada. Brooks was put on probation after being convicted of conspiring to disturb the peace – a gross misdemeanor, and was banned from the Nugget for life. The circumstances of why he placed the threatening call still remain unknown.
Brooks is now set to be charged with five counts of first-degree homicide following Sunday’s tragedy which saw him plow into a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, in his red SUV killing five and injuring 40.
Eyewitnesses said Brooks was fleeing from the police when his Ford Escape barreled into families enjoying the parade at approximately 4.39pm. The victims have been named as Virginia Sorenson, 79, LeAnna Owen, 71, Tamara Durand, 52, Jane Kulich, 52, and Wilhelm Hospel, 81.
DailyMail.com previously revealed how Brooks had only been released from jail two days before the incident on a $1,000 bond.
ARTICLE: PAUL MURDOCH
MANAGING EDITOR: CARSON CHOATE
PHOTO CREDITS: PLURALIST.COM
Latest posts by Paul Murdoch (see all)
- Sen. Ted Cruz says he hasn’t made any decisions on 2024 yet, will ‘wait and see’ if Trump runs - August 8, 2022
- Bodega clerk who defended himself from attacker will be moving back to Dominican Republic - August 8, 2022
- Report: President Biden met with two Chinese energy executives tied to his son’s company in 2014 - August 8, 2022