The Taliban is reportedly not accepting Joe Biden’s potential extension for withdrawing American support in Afghanistan, a spokesperson told Sky News recently.
Taliban spokesperson Dr. Suhail Shaheen said “it’s a red line.” “This is something, you can say it’s a red line,” Shaheen said in a video interview with Sky News. “President Biden announced that on 31 of August they would withdraw all their military forces. So if they extend it, that means they are extending occupation while there is no need for that. If the US or UK were to seek additional time to continue evacuations – the answer is no. Or there would be consequences. It will create mistrust between us. If they are intent on continuing the occupation it will provoke a reaction,” he added.
The terrorist organization swiftly took over all operations in Afghanistan, which was supposedly shocking to the United States. The U.S. is now sending in more troops to control the Kabul airport and aid in evacuation efforts earlier in August. “A Taliban leadership official also said foreign forces haven’t requested any extension and echoed the spokesperson’s assertion that it would not be approved”, per a Daily Caller report.
Joe Biden had originally set a hard deadline of August 31 to pull out of Afghanistan, but is now considering an extension to that deadline should troops and civilians still need to be evacuated.
ARTICLE: ETHAN FINN
MANAGING EDITOR: CARSON CHOATE
PHOTO CREDITS: DAILY CALLER
Latest posts by Ethan Finn (see all)
- New York man arrested for forging COVID-19 vaccine card - October 8, 2021
- Texas board recommends posthumous pardon for George Floyd - October 8, 2021
- New York man arrested for forging COVID-19 vaccine card - October 6, 2021